Building on the comprehensive Integrated Architecture portfolio, the midrange system from Rockwell Automation offers the same performance as large architectures designed for smaller applications.
- The CompactLogix 5370 family of controllers delivers the right amount of control required including integrated motion on EtherNet/IP
- Kinetix 350 servo drive simplifies the architecture, including the need for a separate motion network
- PanelView Plus 6 operator interface enhances machine level performance and overall machine diagnostics
- RSLogix 5000 development environment provides the design and runtime performance for the architecture
- Rockwell Automation has expanded its programmable automated controller (PAC) offering to bring Integrated Architecture to smaller applications. This midrange system includes a series of CompactLogix controllers, scalable servo drives, I/O, visualisation and simplification tools, and key performance features including integrated motion on EtherNet/IP
With high-performance features such as integrated motion, safety, EtherNet/IP connectivity and re-usable development tools, Rockwell Automation provides users the ability to standardise on a single control platform for small to large-scale applications.
Expanding on the scalability of the Logix family of controllers, the CompactLogix 5370 series of controllers offer you a wide variety of options to match your specific application requirements. With up to 3MB user memory and supporting up to 16 axes of motion, these controllers are ideal for small, stand-alone equipment to general purpose machine control in applications such as indexing tables, process skids, case packers, erectors and packaging.
The Kinetix 350 is a single-axis EtherNet/IP servo drive designed for coordinated motion applications. When used together, they significantly lower the cost to deploy integrated motion in a variety of machine applications.
The expanded list of the Rockwell Automation midrange portfolio features:
- CompactLogix 5370 Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC) – provides standard and integrated motion on EtherNet/IP in a single controller – using the same configuration, networking and visualisation environment as ControlLogix-based systems
- Kinetix 350 Single-axis EtherNet/IP Servo Drive – simplifies the network architecture by eliminating the need for a separate motion network, providing a high performance, cost-effective solution for low-axis machines
- PanelView Plus 6 and PanelView Plus Compact Human Machine Interface (HMI) – the cost-effective, operator interface provides advanced integration with Logix-based controllers
- RSLogix 5000 Design and Configuration Software – a single development that integrates Rockwell Automation control and information products on a single network
Other products and services that enhance the expanded offering:
- Motion Analyser 6.0 Software – helps machine builders obtain the full benefits of a mechatronic design approach by making it faster and easier to analyse, optimise, simulate and select motion control systems
- Drives and Motion Accelerator Toolkit (DMAT) – a collection of design tools which help customers reduce the time and cost of developing a new application using Rockwell Automation equipment
- 1747 AENTR Ethernet Adapter – helps to reduce the time to migrate SLC PLCs to the CompactLogix PACs by reusing existing I/O and field wiring
- Stratix 5700 Switch – provides high performance switching capability to help simplify integration into your infrastructure
- ArmorBlock Dual Port EtherNet/IP QuickConnect – an added functionality of EtherNet/IP that allows for quick connection between the controller and ArmorBlock module (within 500ms)
For more information:
[Tweet “Products to build a better machine”]