The most powerful Mastercam machining software yet is ready to hit the streets.
Mastercam X7 was unveiled at AeroDef 2013. It introduces many significant new capabilities, including the new Mill-Turn product and much more.
Mastercam Blade Expert is a custom application designed to generate toolpaths to cut multi-bladed parts. Blade Expert will cut multi-split impellers, propellers, turbines, and more. The toolpaths first remove the material from between the blades.
Next, they finish the blades and fillets, and then finish up with the floor. Blade Expert has a clear, precise user interface which follows the consistent flow of all existing 5-axis toolpaths. The end result is a smooth toolpath, precise finish, and a dramatic reduction in programming and cycle time.
Mastercam’s Mill-Turn product makes machining on today’s high-powered turning centers and full-function machining centers simpler and easier than ever before. Mastercam Mill-Turn streamlines the programming process with intelligent job setups that are keyed to the exact machine in your shop. Intelligent work plane selection makes it easy to select the proper spindle and turret, and program your part with Mastercam’s proven milling and lathe toolpaths.
Mastercam X7 integrates Renishaw’s Productivity+ for in-process gauging. This uses a measuring probe on a machine tool to determine fixture offsets, orientation, and critical dimensions. Probing eliminates the need for tool presetters, expensive fixtures, and manual settings with dial indicators. It allows for machine offsets to be automatically adjusted, even during the machining process, to further enhance the manufacturing process.
Also available in Mastercam X7:
- The new Tool Manager, providing a whole new way to create and organise your tooling
- Improved Backplot and Verify utilities that offer a more efficient workflow, better analysis tools, and more comprehensive toolpath support
- Dynamic and OptiRough toolpaths with more efficient tool motion, including enhanced cut orders and faster calculation times
- Multi-threading support extended to most 2D high speed toolpaths, resulting in faster toolpath processing
- Oscillate motion for Curve and Swarf 5-axis toolpaths, improving your tool life by not always machining with the same area of the tool