A new air-hydraulic torque wrench pump from Enerpac has been introduced for reliable high performance, ease of use and safety in challenging and potentially hazardous environments including oil and gas, energy, mining and onshore and offshore infrastructure projects.
The ZA4 series ZA4208TX-QE100 pump – which is ATEX 95 certified for use in potentially explosive atmospheres – features a high efficiency pump design with higher oil flow and bypass pressure and enhanced two speed operation to reduce cycle time for improved productivity.
The new ZA4 modular pump is custom engineered for extended operation in its first stage, to deliver extended performance in ranges required by users working on maintenance and fabrication applications such as pipelines, pressure vessels, tanks, metal structures, rigs and onshore and offshore machinery.
ZA4 pumps are part of Enerpac’s advanced ranges of safety-oriented, energy saving and labour-saving technologies including lifting, pumping, fastening, bolting and maintenance tools.
"Wilkerson reclassifer exhaust technology has been employed to prevent motors freezing and reduce exhaust noise, while a larger air motor piston allows the pump to operate with air input as low as two bar (40 PSI)," says Enerpac manager, oil and gas industry, Slade Greenaway.
“The great advantage of lower operating pressures is that multiple torque wrenches can be operated from the one source of compressed air," he says.
Further efficiency and durability features of the new pumps include:
* Simplified air logic circuit to increase efficiency and reduce redundant components
* Pressure gauges that can be re-calibrated on site, rather than sent away for periodic maintenance
* Enhanced oil mist lubricator to help prevent adjusting screw failure
* Stainless steel relief adjuster valve and plated bolts for durability
* Roll frame permits crow’s foot connector to be screwed directly into the air outlet
* Air pressure gauge mounted on 45 deg fitting for easy reading
The new ZA4208TX-QE100 model pump is part of the ongoing development of the broader ZA4 series, which is available in reservoir capacities from 4-40 litres.